$19 Cleaning: Super Discount Service
Let’s discuss the pros and cons of the “$19 cleaning” service. These are the services that advertise a full first home cleaning for $19. Please note that while I can provide general information, the specific pros and cons of these companies’ services may vary.
In general, these companies offer very discounted services on very convenient platforms. Of critical importance, please read actual online reviews on Google, Yelp, 99consumer, and the Better Business Bureau. Sift through both good and critical reviews.
Here’s an overview of the pros and cons.
- Affordability: The primary advantage of these $19 cleaning services is their low cost. They are often positioned as budget-friendly options, making them attractive for clients on a tight budget or those seeking a one-time cleaning without significant financial commitment. In some cases, a monthly membership is required. Even with this additional commitment, the service is affordable.
- Convenient Booking Apps: These cleaning services usually offer online booking platforms or mobile apps, making it convenient for clients to schedule appointments at their preferred date and time. This can save time and effort.
- Quick Turnaround: Since these services are often designed for quick and basic cleanings, they may be able to complete the job relatively fast. This can be beneficial if you need a quick spruce-up before an event or if you want light cleaning maintenance.
- Limited Scope: The $19 cleaning services generally offer basic cleaning tasks, such as dusting, surface cleaning, and vacuuming. However, more detailed or specialized cleaning requirements, such as deep cleaning, post-construction cleaning, inside of major appliances, carpet cleaning, or upholstery cleaning, are generally not included in the base price. Additional services often come with extra charges, which can significantly increase the total cost.
- Quality of Service: Due to the low price point, these cleaning services may have limitations in terms of the quality. The cleaners may not be as extensively trained or experienced as professionals in higher-priced services. When the cleaner is a contractor rather than an employee the contracted individual “has been and will continue to be free from control or direction over the performance of work performed” This means “no training” is allowed in a contractor situation.**
- Limited Availability: Depending on the location, the $19 cleaning services may have limited availability, particularly during peak periods or in areas with high demand. It can be challenging to secure an appointment that fits your preferred time and date, especially if you require recurring cleaning services.
It’s important to consider your specific cleaning needs and priorities when evaluating these low-cost services. If you require a more comprehensive or specialized cleaning, it is worth exploring higher-priced options that offer a wider range of services or better quality assurance. If you can, speak with a rep at the company so you can better assess a match. Homejoy a platform similar to some of the new low-rate service companies closed its doors due to lawsuits and a business model that led to poor quality. Time will tell how these new companies will fare.
Total Home Cleaning has provided professional cleaning services since 2004 in the Summit, Morristown, Short Hills, Basking Ridge, Livingston and surrounding towns.