Home is where the heart is, as the old saying goes. Too bad you can’t find it among the mix of paperwork, clothing, and other piles of clutter found throughout every room in your home. Use these home organization tips to keep your Livingston, Summit, or Basking Ridge residence clutter-free.
Be Creative with Storage Solutions
Storage bins, hooks, and shelving organizers are a great way to keep your items clean and accessible. But it’s difficult to decide exactly what you need until you actually need it. These home organization tips will help you find simple, creative, and environmentally-friendly storage solutions.
– Recycle old shoe boxes into drawer dividers, to store stationary and art supplies, or to corral cleaning supplies stored in cupboards.
– Tension rods are a quick and low-tech way to increase storage space in closets and cabinets. Snap them into place to display everything from spray bottles to costume jewelry in a visually appealing manner.
– Found an old CD holder while cleaning out your attic space? Add some spray paint and use to organize mail, plastic lids, and magazines.
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on accessories to achieve an organized living space. Use what you have on hand to make your New Jersey home more comfortable.
For the Young Ones
While scientific data does not yet exist, it’s widely accepted that 90% of all household messes originate with those under the age of 18. These home organization tips are aimed at helping young ones maintain their own spaces with minimal fuss.
– Use a CD wallet to store game discs without sacrificing space. Keep the manuals and inserts in 3-ring binders.
– Have children decorate empty canisters and jars to store their pencils, crayons, and other small accessories.
– Attach Velcro strips to walls for easy stuffed animal storage. Your kids will love cleaning up after playtime with this fun and simple solution.
Of course, it’s always easier to organize a clean home. Talk to experts at Total Home Cleaning about getting your home professionally cleaned so you can start your organization projects off on the right foot.